Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

I confess...I'm terrified!




I confess...
I'm really nervous about becoming a Mom. I worked at a preschool for years, and I was a nanny too. Not to mention I had a long high school career of babysitting. I remember watching a newborn when I was probably in 9th grade. Someone trusted me enough to pay me good money in HIGH SCHOOL to watch their newborn. I wasn't afraid then but I'm terrified now. Maybe because he's mine? I don't know...but I keep having dreams that I drop him or bang his little head into a wall. Uggg. The closer I get to my due date the more I freak out.

I confess...
The labor and delivery part scares me as well. I'm so not looking forward to it. I have been having terrible nightmares about that too. My doctor is requiring that Hubby and I attend a birthing education class next weekend. They even show you the tools that they may use during labor. No thank you. The less I know the better.

I confess...
I'm trying really hard to distract myself from thinking about the class. I have a baby shower to go to this weekend and the weekend after the dreaded class we're going to a family BBQ. This weekend is Mothers Day and I need to figure out what to get my Mom and Mother-in-law. Shopping trip! So I'm trying to focus on those fun things instead of the class. It's not really working but I'm pretending it does.

I confess...
I saw this story online the other day and it really warmed my heart. I love a good pit bull story!

pit bull rescues owner from trains path

I confess...
Lily looks just like my Maddy dog so it made me smile even more. I'm sure she would do the same for me....if I had cheese in my pocket.   :)

I confess...
Maddy almost made me puke the other day. I was sitting on the couch watching TV when all of the sudden I smelled poop. I thought she might have been sick and couldn't hold it so I ran around trying to find her mess. Nothing. Then I figured she must have been gassy. Nope. I realized she was licking her mouth. OH MY GOD!! She ate the cat's poop out of the litter box. Barf. Barf. Barf!

On that note...Happy Friday! Haha.

What are you confessing? Link up.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I threw up a little! I have had 4 babies and I survived but I didn't want to watch or look or see. I ended up with C-sections and my hubby watched each 1 of them! Not me! You are gonna be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be just fine :) It didn't hit me that I was going to be pushing out a baby until the doctor called and told me I needed to come in and get induced, then I panicked! If it makes you feel any better you forget about it once you are holding the baby.
    Yuck! Cat poo!

    ReplyDelete