Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

The best thing I ever made!





                                                                     Source

Hi friends. Hope you're all enjoying your summer. I've been on a hiatus for quite some time so I figured I'd give you an update on what's been going on in my life....

My due date was Monday, June 25th. Monday came and went. So did Tuesday and most of Wednesday. No baby. I finally had a doctor's appointment on late Wednesday. The doctor examined me and said, "we need an exit plan." He told me that they would have to induce me the next day. I cried for hours. When I finally calmed down I called my Mom & gave her the news. She asked me why I was so upset. I told her I wasn't ready, that I needed more time to prepare. She basically told me to suck it up & that I had 9 months so it was time to have this kid.

I went into the hospital on Thursday night for my induction. Around 5pm on Friday the little man still hadn't made his grand entrance. I knew in my heart I would need a c-section so I started asked for one. I was told that they were going to do everything they could to help me go naturally. Fast forward 12 uncomfortable hours later....

The doctor came in and said he had some bad news. He said the baby just wasn't progressing and wasn't dropping the way they expected. They would have to do a c-section. Really dude? I asked for one twelve hours ago!! And then the kicker....he said, and I quote, "we have someone in line ahead of you for a c-section. Can you just stay here and hang out?" Ummmm, where the hell did you think I was going???

Anyway....

On Saturday, June 30th at 6:02am my little Nugget (aka Liam Andrew) finally came into the world. It was the happiest moment of my life by far. He brings me so much joy and I honestly can't remember life before he was born.





Everyone told me to enjoy every moment because it goes by so quickly. I never really believed it. Now I see how true that is. It's been about 10 weeks since that amazing day. Where did the time go? Next week is my last week of my maternity leave. I wish we had the money so I could stay home. We just don't so back to work I go. Sad me.

I'm so excited for the next chapter of my life. I have a lot of things in the works, so I hope you join me as I learn how to juggle being a new mom, a wife, working and crafting. For those of you who followed me on the old blog (kellydunne) please note that I changed the name so I think you will need to re-follow me. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy Friday. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment