Thursday, February 3, 2011

The year of the Rabbit


Today is Chinese New Year. I don't know what that really means or how you celebrate it. The only thing I really know is that it is the Year of the Rabbit.


I'm not really big into astrology or anything. I do think some of my personality goes along with my zodiac sign but I'm sure it could fit with anyone. I'm sure the same could be said about the Chinese Zodiac. Although, after reading about The Year of the Rabbit 2011, a lot of the traits did seem to fit me.  I checked out several websites, too many to list, but they all kept reading similar things. So it's got to be true, right?

Some of the sites even offered predictions for the year. Here is my favorite:

Most Rabbit years are quiet, positive and inspiring and 2011 looks to be heading in this direction – a refreshing change after the fast-moving and quite dramatic Year of the Tiger. Family, diplomacy and personal development will all be highlighted in 2011. Once again alternative sources of energy and green living will be under the spotlight. The arts and culture sector of society will very busy producing amazing works of art and staging important exhibitions throughout the year. Love, romance and family life are well-starred, with a renewed appreciation of loved ones and friends. Overall, it should be a fun and relatively peaceful year. Even though aggression, violence and war zones will still be in evidence, the Chinese Rabbit year favours peaceful solutions and diplomacy, so there will be a feeling that all is not lost and that hope is still very much alive.

I've decided that since I was born in a previous year of the Rabbit, that this year is going to be a great one for me. I am going to make the best of this year and all of the opportunities that come my way. Last year was really rough for me (thanks to the Tiger?) so it's time for a change. 

Gung Hay Fat (Happy New Year)! My redo starts NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment