Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Resolution redo

When I was younger I would look forward to the New Year and to starting over. A clean slate. I would make tons of resolutions and vow that this would be the year that I keep them. I had the absolute best intentions...but then life set in and I didn't accomplish my goals. In mid to late January I would usually realize I need a Resolution redo. Over the years I just gave up on making resolutions.

In December I decided it was time to start up again. So in I made a list of all the things I wanted to accomplish in 2011. My list is as follows:
  1. Be healther - eat better, exercise more, drink more water.
  2. Put more time into being creative - actually get my Etsy shop open, make more art/crafts just because and to blog more.
  3. Financial - start contributing to my 401k again, start saving money for my brother's wedding next January, pay off some bills (like the credit card) that are killing us and clip (and actually use) coupons.
Well, here we are, on January 27 and I'm finding myself needing a redo yet again. I guess I just wouldn't be me if I didn't procrastinate. (Way to put a postive spin on it, right?)

Is it just me? Did you make resolutions and actually stick to them?

Happy New Year or Redo!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's definitely a redo for me! I normally don't make resolutions, this year was lose weight and quit smoking. Have gained 5 lbs since xmas and quit smoking for one day!! I am horrible at helping myself! I guess that should be my resolution, be good to me!

    Much Love—Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make new year resolutions, but I'm trying to make a 'life' resolution which is to be more positive and proactive. No start date, I've just been trying to be mindful of it for a while.

    I do still want to help you get your shop up and running! I will be a photo assistant, baking assistant and a garbage disposal for any leftover goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete