Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Check my vitals, please!

Can someone actually die of boredom? If so, I must be dead. Please just step over my lifeless body.

I'm at work right now, and I know, trust me, I know, I shouldn't be blogging here. I've already checked my email, Facebook & Twitter accounts countless times. I can think of a million things I could be doing at home or outside of these doors for that matter. We are so slow too, so that just makes matters worse.

I work for a title company. Don't know what that is? Don't worry, no one does. We are classified as working in real estate, and we work with the mortgage companies to get your loans closed. Sound boring? It's waaaaaaaaaaay worse than you can imagine. Way, way, way worse. Don't get me wrong, these days I am thankful to actually have a job. So many people are unemployed so I consider myself lucky to be here. Well, financially lucky that is.

My Dad is an accountant and works for several local title companies so I sort of fell into this "profession" right after college. Since I finished my very pricey education with a degree in art, he was worried that I wouldn't be able to pay my bills. I didn't really care at the time. I needed a break from art as I was a little burnt out on it. I also needed to make some cash. So my Dad introduced me to the world of title. Lucky me!

Years passed in the blink of an eye. Sadly at this point, I've been in title for so long that I don't know how to do anything else. I'm not really trained for anything other than this. It's a scary, no actually, *horrifying* thought.

I want to get back into art and being the creative soul that I know I am. It's just so damn hard. I have recently been pouring through other artists blogs, websites, tweets, etc to get some inspiration. I am honestly amazed at how many wonderful, creative, inspirational people are out there. So thank you to all of you! Maybe one day I'll be able to put myself back out there and be an inspiration for someone else. I certainly hope so.

Until then, please check my vitals because I might be dead at my desk.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, there are at times that we take the time to have that sort of questionings..regardless i find your blog quite interesting, and I hope you take care and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sister! I was in the insurance field for 17 years. I was bored out of my skull! I went back to school for graphic design, finally using my creativity. Hang in there, you'll figure it out eventually!

    ReplyDelete